My Favorite Part of Quilting

My Favorite Part About Quilting is When You Take A Piece of Fabric and Make it into Something Beautiful.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Love Bunnies

One of my best friends came to me and asked if I would make a quilt for her boyfriend. She loved the "Love Bunnies" wall hanging I completed in the spring and wanted me to try to turn it into a quilt. So I went down to the quilt shop to get some help with the fabric choices. Alice from PQ was super helpful and designed the entire layout. It came out so beautiful.

There were several challenges associated with this quilt. The first challenge was how to make these cute little bunnies fit for a man. I did not want him to be embarrassed by making the quilt too feminine. The next challenge was the bunnies themselves as it was not a technique I was well versed in. It was also challenging because I wanted it to be just perfect for my friend. She is a wonderful friend to me and I wanted her to have something special.
I wanted the quilt to tell their story. First they were single bunnies and now they are love bunnies. She was so exited to receive her quilt and her boyfriend sent me a lovely thank you. There should be more love like that in the world.
Happy Sewing
-The Mad Quilter

2 comments:

  1. Jean - I can't thank you enough for all the of the hard work, care and effort you put into making this beautiful quilt. It IS perfect. I love it -and more importantly - HWHMMLWL loves it too!

    ReplyDelete