My Favorite Part of Quilting

My Favorite Part About Quilting is When You Take A Piece of Fabric and Make it into Something Beautiful.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Double Wedding Ring

I was so excited when I saw this as a sample in the quilt shop. It is so beautiful and much simpler to make than it looks. I took this class with a gift certificate from a friend and I intended to give her this when it was finished. I love it so much I decided to keep it.

I used quilt smart for the rings which made it easier to piece. It was a bit challenging to piece the rings properly and it took me a bit longer than I expected. Once it was together I was very happy with the result.

After the top was complete I had to decide how to quilt it. I wanted to complment the piecing making the rings standout against the neutral background. I decided to shadow quilt the rings using my quarter inch foot. This gave me the affect I desired. Once I completed all the lines I needed to find something to put in the center of the three rings. I decided to try some stenciling quilting with my free motion foot. I used a stencil set which had three similar designs each with some form of hearts included within the design.






I am very much looking forward to making this runner again in the future.



Happy Quilting


-The Mad Quilter


3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so gorgeous. Love your color choices and the quilting is fabulous!! How about that out of the lines one we did? Get that on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like you colors - thimbleberries? And I love the quilting. Next on my list is to machine quilt 5 small projects - including this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, Finished the outside the lines one, gonna put it up this weekend

    ReplyDelete