My Favorite Part of Quilting

My Favorite Part About Quilting is When You Take A Piece of Fabric and Make it into Something Beautiful.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Spring!!



After one of the longest, and snowiest winters ever it appears that spring is finally here! It was so beautiful outside yesterday that my family and I debated having an outside Easter BBQ! It was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our after Easter dinner walk around the neighborhood.


What better way to celebrate Spring then with these happy "Love Bunnies". I learned this technique at my local quilt shop. When I saw the sample I just fell in love and I knew that I had to have one. I purchased this kit from the quilt shop. The class was so much fun and the wall hanging was surprisingly easy to complete. I used a muslin backing and was able to quilt as I attached the bunnies and hearts.


The most difficult part for me was running my machine around the curves in the hearts, especially the really small ones. Is there a better way to do that are does it just take practice? I was also a bit concerned about drawing on the faces. They came out pretty cute. I just get worried about drawing things because, as my students can atest, I am the worst artist. My 6th grade art teacher told me to never take art again and I think she was right!!
My bunnies are totally cute. I placed them on the wall in the living room. They made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. I love these bunnies. I just realized that I didn't put the bow on mine. Just something else to do....

    ReplyDelete