My Favorite Part of Quilting

My Favorite Part About Quilting is When You Take A Piece of Fabric and Make it into Something Beautiful.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Aprons


My good friend Sheryl, who is extremely talented invited me over one day and taught me how to make this totally cute apron. She is amazing and I encourage you to check out her blog, @ downtoearthliving@blogspot.com She is so talented and so much fun to quilt with. I even got farm fresh eggs from her chickens and homemade soap, which was totally awesome.
I wanted to make my mother-in-law Terry and my Aunt Cami Hostess gifts for having Easter. My Aunt started the whole "Hostess Gift" thing and I think it is really a nice thing to do. I know both of them would enjoy this gift.

This top apron is for my mother-in-law Terry who always goes out of her way to make the holidays special. She even does a egg hunt for her adult boys each year. Benjamin and I are spending the morning with the Sargents for Easter so I wanted to me her something special. I used 1930s reproduction fabrics to make this apron. I think she will like the bright yellow, like spring time. I also put her initials on the bottom to make it even more special. I really hope she enjoys it.




This second apron is for my Aunt Cami who has been so wonderful in the past few years. Sometimes I don't think my family would have survived without her. When my mother was sick with breast cancer she was center stage taking her to Chemo and cooking meals to freeze. When Daddy passed away she helped with all the arrangements and continues to take good care of my Mama. She is a wonderful mother and Aunt. We are lucky to have her. We are spending Easter afternoon at her house with my family.


I wanted to make Aunt Cami something special also and I really liked this blue and yellow combination. Again I used 1930s fabric (because I just love it) and I thought it would compliment my spring theme. I even added a small pocket. I also wanted to make the apron more personal so I added her name on the bottom corner. I didn't want to just do her initials because her entire family is CC and I wanted it to be just for her. This fabric is so cute. I hope she loves it.
Well, Happy Easter 2010, I hope everyone has a wonderful day spending time with family and friends. Remember, that is what is really important in this life. Don't ever take it for granted.


2 comments:

  1. Great aprons! I have to learn how to make these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they r so fun and easy, ppl went crazy for them

    ReplyDelete